From the Editor: The Top Five Reasons Rumsfeld MUST Resign
As the creator of The Rumsfeld Diaries Political Action Pak, I bring to you the worst of the worst "achievements" of Donald Rumsfeld - that we know of:
Flawed war planning. Botched peace planning. Mistreatment of prisoners. Putting corporations before citizens. And doing far more damage to our country than many others who've resigned before him.
- The war planning. The Pentagon had a plan for Invading Iraq. Rummy threw that plan in the wastebasket and went with his own custom version.
The result? Bogged-down troops, no WMDs, and we're 4 billion in the hole.
- The peace planning. Peace plan? There was no peace plan, and there STILL isn't. No peace - only a bloody occupation.
- The treatment of prisoners. You got your due process violations and you got your Geneva convention violations, take your pick. Calling them "enemy combatants" is lawyers making stuff up, and we all know it.
- Putting corporate interests first. As CEO of Searle Pharmaceuticals in the 80s, Rumsfeld sued the FDA to get NutraSweet/aspartame approved, despite aspartame's toxicity reports. Reagan later appointed him as a special presidential envoy to the Middle East.
While there, he met with Saddam Hussein, to discuss a pipeline deal benefiting global giant Bechtel.
Cut to Iraq today. No-bid contracts for Bush friends at Halliburton. Audits revealing waste and fraud. Iraqi oil, electricity, and clean water worse off than they were before the war.
- The others who've gotten bounced for less. Namely:
- FEMA'S Michael Brown, forced to resign after Hurricane Katrina.
- Interior Secretary Gale Norton, forced to resign after Jack Abramoff lobbying scandal hits.
- I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, forced to resign during Plamegate investigation.
- House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, resigned after campaign finance violation indictments and ties to the Abramoff lobbying scandal.
Can any of those guys hold a candle to this (as of 9/12/06)?
- 2,671 U.S. Military Fatalities in Iraq
- 337 U.S. Military Fatalities in Afghanistan
- 19,910 U.S. Military Maimed in Iraq (9/7/06)
- 46,537 Iraqis Reported Killed
Come on, America, we can do SOOOO much better. Give Rummy the boot today!
As co-creator of The Rumsfeld Diaries "Political Action Pak," Allen Voivod is working to get Donald Rumsfeld to resign from office, and supporting Amnesty International and Human Rights First, too. Join the fight to get Rumsfeld out of office, and get the Pak today at http://www.RumsfeldDiaries.com!
Santorum Claims Iraq WMDs Found Up His Bum
Aug 25 2006
Goat Claims He Was With 20th Hijacker the Night Before 9/11
Aug 23 2006
Ann Coulter Rides Off Into the Sunset on Herself
Jun 16 2006
Condoleezza Rice Performs Surprise Piano Concert at Guantanamo
May 26 2006
Attack on Iran "Preposterous" - Iranians Urged to Ignore the American Tanks in Their Cities
May 16 2006
Protesters Complain High Fuel Costs Make it Too Expensive to Drive to "War for Oil" Protests
May 15 2006